Small World Farm

We visited a local farm last week and the children thoroughly enjoyed seeing and feeding the animals.
As a way of building on our trip and re-living and discussing what we had seen, I provided  a small world farm in the tough spot tray. I added some sensory elements to make the tray a bit more interesting.
I used a type of wood shaving for the sheep's pen.
Straw in with the cows.
Luckily we had some left over chocolate playdough that became mud for the pigs!
And we put some branches in the tray for the goats that liked to climb! 
We also raided the cous cous from the sensory tray which became food for the animals.
J loved it, the pigs and 'mud' were definitely her favourite!
I love listening to the stories children make up as they play.  This story focused around a naughty baby cow that had lost its mummy (no, incase you were wondering this wasn't part of our outing! I managed to bring them all home:))
The younger ones also came over to see what was going on and imitated the play of the older children.  I'll probably leave the tray out for another week as the children still seem to be enjoying it.

Look out for our 'Hide and Sheep' activity that I hope to be doing this week!

Links to EYFS:
CLL: Language for Communication
KUW: Place
CD: Developing Imagination and Imaginative Play

0 comments:

Post a Comment