
This is a nine minute time lapsed video instruction geared to
helpin you learn to make the most of your brushwork.
A direct alla prima wet on wet approach..."brushstroke laid, a
brushstroke stayed" method.
I used a simple object such as a spent tube of Naples Yellow, to
further illustrate that an exercise does not need to be elaborate;
one need not agonize over the subject to paint. The purpose is
to improve...hope you'll find the demo interesting and helpful!
After viewing it once, you may want to view again, but this time
note how many different ways (unconsciously) I will hold the
brush. Quite often I cradle the brush in my hand between the
thumb and fore fingers, which uses more arm and shoulder,
and gives a greater delicate feel and control. At times I'll switch
to a grip similar to holding a pencil, for a more precise and
critical mark to be made.
I found it interesting in re-watching myself, how often I do
change position. This will come in time...
Enjoy.... !
Oh....and do click on the still image of the painting, and see a
much larger nicer inspection of the piece and its brushwork!
This work available on my "Will Paint for Gas" blog for under
$100...see my link on this blog.
0 comments:
Post a Comment