LOVE SONG

The other day, I treated myself to some new paints...some lovely blues and yellows and pinks. I'm working on a lot of new things and can't wait to share them with you. Here is the first...I just love the hues in this new mixed media painting, LOVE SONG.

Archival prints available in my ART SHOP!

LOVE SONG 8 X 8 Inch Print of Mixed Media Painting
by Juliette Crane
For this painting, I was inspired by all of the little sparrows hopping around my yard. They sing such beautiful LOVE SONGS that seem to make the trees flutter and wave. So I pulled out some of my vintage wallpaper books, origami paper, and vintage sheet music and used them to cut out the bird's body and the trees. As my nephew likes to say, "SAME. SAME."

Then I added all sorts of materials from my studio...acrylics, pastels, ink, colored pencils and watercolors. On top, I applied an antique decoupage for added depth and beauty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment