I can hardly imagine this painting as anything else. And I am delighted to have shared the before and after shots with you so you can see the results. I am all for changing the things you're not happy with...and now I present to you IN BLOOM.
The original mixed media painting IN BLOOM has sold! Thanks so much for your continued support! Archival prints available in my Art Shop!
IN BLOOM 8 X 8 Inch Print of Mixed Media Painting
Two things were really bothering me about Phase 1 of this painting: I wasn't happy with the green and I really hated her deer body. It felt like I had taken the easy way out and not pushed my imagination to its fullest. So I went back into the studio, painted a bunch of golden yellow and was so excited when her springtime dress turned out. And from there everything else just fell into place. I knew she had to have the brightest of orange-red hair to match that dress. Here I've played with acrylics, colored pencils, charcoal, ink, pastel, and origami paper to give her life and magic.
The original mixed media painting IN BLOOM has sold! Thanks so much for your continued support! Archival prints available in my Art Shop!
IN BLOOM 8 X 8 Inch Print of Mixed Media PaintingTwo things were really bothering me about Phase 1 of this painting: I wasn't happy with the green and I really hated her deer body. It felt like I had taken the easy way out and not pushed my imagination to its fullest. So I went back into the studio, painted a bunch of golden yellow and was so excited when her springtime dress turned out. And from there everything else just fell into place. I knew she had to have the brightest of orange-red hair to match that dress. Here I've played with acrylics, colored pencils, charcoal, ink, pastel, and origami paper to give her life and magic.
0 comments:
Post a Comment