Strong Falls...14"x 11" plein air...on canvas

 Well...back to the classroom tomorrow, so had to take
my last day here and go to one of my favorite rivers and
falls to paint, Strong Falls on the Peshtigo River.  About
twenty-five minutes from home, and one I oft bring my
workshop students to paint as well...

Drove this one with my mid-gray neutral mud palette, a twist on the pigment soup or mother color strategy.  I took many pics of the development stages on this, as this particular palette is one I'll be including in my new book I am working on, 
"Painterly Realism-  Less is More!"

14"x 11" on canvas-






















...and here, a photo to show the layout from where I stood...and you can probably tell why I like this location so much!






















I put together a .gif animation of this work 
coming together at Wetcanvas.com and
will provide the link here for anyone that
might be interested-
.gif animation on painting Strong Falls 

0 comments:

Post a Comment