
...and, here was my setup, sitting down on a rock face on this one.

Strong Falls is one of my annual favorite places to set up and paint, about 25 minutes from my home here in NE Wisconsin. I have taught a number of workshops here as well, but never reserved the lodge. I'm thinking I might do that from here on. About $35 to reserve it per day...and right along the river/falls. A nice overhang in the event of rain and can still paint. Has electricity...could hold instruction inside as well, even plan a day's end meal.

...the overhang

The park has a rustic campground area for anyone interesting in camping and making a total north woods experience out of a weekend workshop. Restroom facilities, water...and the park closes at 9pm with exception to campers...meaning it quiets down for a nice sublime peaceful experience.
Some additional views-
The main falls...looking west...

Further west, beneath a footbridge...

Nice view north up river, (falls at your back)-

The park is about 10-12 miles from the town of Goodman, the nearest small town. If interested in taking one of my workshops...might want to keep an eye on this one as I put plans in the works.
0 comments:
Post a Comment