Trust In What Lies Ahead

I have been having a fabulous past few days. Drove up to Minneapolis and spent a fun evening walking around lakes and eating french fries outside with Brian, then headed up to Duluth to visit my best friend and just happened to run into another wonderful old friend. I simply love little roadtrips.

Now I am so excited about this new mixed media painting! She is the first piece I've done since hanging all of the others for my latest exhibition. Maybe it's her fabulous parrot ball gown or her ruby red slippers, but this girl simply must TRUST IN WHAT LIES AHEAD.

The original mixed media painting TRUST IN WHAT LIES AHEAD has sold! Thanks so much for your continued support! Archival prints available in my Art shop!


TRUST IN WHAT LIES AHEAD 8 X 8 Inch Print of Mixed Media Painting
For a week I had green kneehigh boots cut out for this girl and then I found this delightful parrot bedding in my new Anthropologie catalog, and knew she had to be wearing it as a ball gown blowing in the wind! I cut out her dress and painted it blue with watercolors then worked with charcoal, acrylics, pencil, ink and pastel for the rest of the piece. She really reminds me of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, and somehow I think that fits with the title. Dorothy certainly had an adventure before her, and quite a colorful one at that.

This is my first Illustration Friday entry for this week's theme AHEAD. Perfect!

0 comments:

Post a Comment