BIG WEEKEND COMING UP - June 12-13th


This is my last weekend out and about for awhile. It is time to regroup and create some new art!

I have been working with Emerging Art Scene, which was located in the Stacks in Cabbagetown. It has now moved to a storefront in Castleberry Hills, and the unveiling will be on Friday June 11, as part of the monthly artwalk in Castleberry. There will be beer and wine available, and free parking in the Castleberry Point Lofts parking desk. . All of the galleries will be open from 7-10p on Friday. This was recently voted the best art stroll in Atlanta. CLICK HERE for more information regarding the stroll. I am very excited to be a part of this!!!


On Saturday and Sunday I will be taking part in the third annual Art-B-Que in Avondale. Held in the Railroad Arts District or RAD as it is known. Comprised of a community of art studios, relocated Buckhead galleries, performing arts studios, there is more to see than just a festival here! There will be an artist market, a kids zone, and art car show, and of course bar-b-que. There is also an artist reception at Little Tree Studio later on Saturday, and a surprise guest on Saturday night! (burlesque maybe???) There will be live music throughout the day both days. This is a fun, laid back event - definitely without the crowds of Summerfest and Inman Park, but with the same quality of art and entertainment. CLICK HERE for more information.

After this weekend, I'm going to start a blog and chronicle the journey of a painting, the largest I have ever done. And, I'm going to work on getting my studio in order so I can have an open studio sometime in the fall!

Hope to see you soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment