This weekend was all about chasing caterpillars and following dragonflies through my garden,
heading to the garden center to pick up flowers & herbs,
planting & decorating the flower pots with little touches like stones in the soil,
and potting giant house plants. This one is named Audrey. She was just inherited from a good friend who made the move out to San Francisco. Audrey fits just perfectly in our yoga room. Above her is a photograph of one our mentors, author, teacher and spiritual leader Brother Wayne Teasdale. In the photo he's meeting with his good friend, the ever-so-smiley Dalai Lama.
We had the pleasure & luck of becoming friends with Brother Wayne while Brian and I worked a few years ago in Hyde Park at the University of Chicago (I was in the IT department back then). We took walks along Lake Michigan & Brother Wayne taught us all about walking slowly. The first time we met, we ate lunch at a sort-of fancy Italian restaurant and I can't remember exactly what question I asked, but it was something about his teaching and he took a pen from his pocket and drew this map right on the paper tablecloth!
I loved him instantly! It's a map showing all the ways to access your own limitlessness. Something I never thought I would be exploring through my own artwork & daily living at this point in my life. It's amazing what little things pop up and inspire us as we carry on. Thank you Brother Wayne and all of the incredible teachers in the world!





0 comments:
Post a Comment