SHARE YOUR GIFTS- Original Mixed Media Painting on Canvas (10X10 inches) Sometimes I write quotes on my studio table. Usually it's to remind myself of something or a quote that catches my eye, and often times the words come out as images in my paintings. SHARE YOUR GIFTS was one I read a while back and thought it very important. Because sometimes I just feel like hiding in the woods. But when I take a deep breath and remember just how much can happen and change and be inspiring if you step out of your little comfortable box, I know I need to be courageous and stop getting in my own way.
More details and photos of SHARE YOUR GIFTS available in my ART SHOP!

SHARE YOUR GIFTS- Original Mixed Media Painting on Canvas (10X10 inches) I just love the rich red and greens in this painting. It really reminds me of a comfortable library where I just want to cozy up into an oversized leather chair and read all afternoon. At first, I intended for this girl to have leaves and branches as her hair. I knew she'd be pretending to be a tree. But as I drew her eyes, I realized she'd be wearing a mask instead. From there. the branches that were originally hair, turned into the woods in the background and the lovely fireflies just seemed to pop all around. I circled them with copper glitter for added magic, and then rubbed glitter into the red at her feet so it would be as if she was sparkling into life as well. Her dress and orange collar are cut from vintage wallpaper, then I added pastels, acrylics, ink and charcoal for a lovely mixed media effect.
Archival prints and mounted prints of SHARE YOUR GIFTS, also available.
0 comments:
Post a Comment