Time to Celebrate!

Title: BUTTERFLY. Original Painting and prints available in my etsy shop.

These days I have A LOT to celebrate. It's already been a BIG year for my creative business. I started this blog (WOW! first post January 27th), promoted myself on etsy (meaning I got smart and realized I needed to renew items to get noticed), got on Facebook and Twitter, hosted my first gallery night opening with Brian (and actually sold original paintings to people I didn't already know!), got asked to paint commissioned pieces for friends, and then was asked to create paintings for people I didn't even know (SO HAPPY)! But through it all, I haven't really taken time to celebrate! 

So, when I sold my FIRST original painting on etsy last week, I was feeling the happiness and realized I must celebrate! And, since I absolutely LOVE restaurant hopping...having garlic bread here, pizza someplace else...we took that idea and had a multiple course feast at home!
 It started with homemade corn muffins (a Martha Stewart recipe with lots of butter!), then Brian made buttered noodles (do you see the theme here?), and for the third course he grilled salmon (for me) and brats (for him). We enjoyed each course out on the patio with the Christmas tree lights on, all magical and golden in the trees as fireflies blinked yellow-green all throughout the yard. There was supposed to be a fourth course of cheesy jalapeno nachos, but we were already super full and instead decided to build a fort in the living room, zipping our sleeping bags together to watch one of our all-time favorite movies, the Princess Bride (if you have not seen it, you simply must!). 
Now I see just how necessary (and super fun) it is to celebrate our achievements. I cannot say how excited I am about all of these things going on with my creative business. They are things I've always dreamed of, but never, ever, ever thought possible. And I am certain I couldn't have gotten here without all of your wonderful encouragement and support.
THANK YOU!     

0 comments:

Post a Comment