I definitely KNOW I need to run out and get brilliant red glitter for this girl's dress! The rest of the painting, I have no idea what it will turn into. But I just see her as some kind of mermaid, deciding whether or not to get back into that water. And she definitely needs to SPARKLE!
This is a really big painting for me (size-wise). I mean, most of my pieces are 10x10 inches and this canvas is 20x24! I didn't think it would be so intimidating. But she's sat like this for a few days now, and today I am finally going to get that red glitter! I'm also wanting to play around with a few mixed media techniques I've been seeing for the background. I used to make a mess with beeswax, stencils and spray paint. I'm LOVING the look of layered backgrounds and can't wait to get out the old supplies and try it!

0 comments:
Post a Comment