A Work In Progress

I've been working on this painting for a few days now. And that NEVER happens! I get bored really fast with my characters. If I'm not feeling them, I repaint the entire canvas. MAYBE I'll love a face but not an outfit or there have been times when I just know I can bring out more emotion in their face, so I'll redo that. But ONLY THAT. 

This girl has gone from a singer in the spotlight to blowing hair to a humble cat and now she has no face! And her now lovely dress! It started from beautiful bedding cut out of an Anthropologie catalog, but then I treated myself to some new origami paper and instead of starting a new piece, cut out lots and lots of little half circles from different sheets of the origami paper and layered it over the other for this beautiful quilting effect. I'm loving it! And just can't wait to see what this girl grows into!

0 comments:

Post a Comment