gratitude and my next little art opening

 TITLE: Sing Your Song. Prints available in my etsy shop.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about gratitude. For every compliment or act of kindness I receive, I'm trying my best to take a moment and acknowledge it. Since I started this little blog (first post on January 27!), I've had my heart touched ten-fold by your lovely comments, encouragement and support. I just can't say enough how much it means to me! 

And while I'm trying to give back as best I can, I am also constantly drawn back to that idea of acknowledgment. So, to help me remember all of your lovely words, I started a KINDNESS folder in my email inbox. I will always have your kindness in one place, to help me remember why I am here and why I do anything at all, on any day. THANK YOU!
 TITLE: Moon Belly. Prints available in my etsy shop.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that it only takes that ONE thing to fall into place. That one returned phone call or email. That one house, apartment or job. It can get exhausting searching and trying, especially when nothing seems to be working. But the other day I was reminded, it only takes that ONE.

I've been searching for the perfect place for my next local art exhibit. The last one went so brilliantly, that it was a lot to live up to. So of course that made me seek perfection and limit myself, thinking about it so much and wondering why nothing was falling into place. No one seemed to be returning my emails or calls. 

But then, over the weekend Brain and I treated ourselves to massages and our masseuse said I should try our local Whole Foods. She even gave me a contact! And the next day I called, found they had an opening in their new cafe, and booked my next ART SHOW for December and January!
 TITLE: Courage. Prints available in my etsy shop.

And to celebrate and say thank you to all of you, I am having my FIRST giveaway! It will be August 9-27 over on Audrey's Give Aways Blog. Stay tuned for more details. It's all in the works, and I promise it will be a good one!

In the meantime, my friend Louise Gale is hosting a fabulous Creative Color Challenge during the month of August! We'll be exploring a different color to create with each week. It's open to all, in any medium and you don't even need to join in every week! Check out her blog to sign-up! I'm super excited to be participating (it will be my FIRST official blog challenge!) and I can't wait to see what everyone creates! It will be a beautiful gallery of color when we're all finished!

0 comments:

Post a Comment