in honor of my love for words

TITLE: Summer and the Book Dress. Prints available in my etsy shop.

In honor of my love for writing, I began painting these BOOK DRESS girls. I created this piece for a commissioned project and was just so excited with the way she turned out, I thought I'd share her with all of you too!

I especially love how the entire scene continues around the sides of this extra deep canvas (2 inches).

I cut all of these half circle ruffles for her dress from book pages and then painted each and every one with different shades of watercolors to really add dimension and detail.

 For the top of her dress, I tried all sorts of origami papers and vintage wallpaper, but nothing seemed to fit until I found this really lovely notepaper filled with gorgeous cursive handwriting-a gift (along with a ton of other goodies) that I received from Jennifer Valentine of Sacred Cake. It was so absolutely perfect to complete this painting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment