TITLE: Sharing Her Heart She Healed. Prints available in my etsy shop.
This painting evolved SO many times! She was always a bird, but she started with a brown and yellow head (rather realistic and unusual for me). Then the crown around her face happened and she seemed especially magical. I just had to layer on more color, so I went for blue (a color I often choose when I long for more color), but once the blue dried, it still didn't seem right. Too bright. That's when the green came in.
And time and time again, as I layered more spray painted stencils in the background then covered them up with acrylics and pastel, I thought I'd ruined this piece. I got green in all of the wrong places and in all of the wrong shades, but I kept working at it, kept trying to get at what was trying its hardest to get out of me. And then I found that it wasn't so much this adorable little character, but the green.
And time and time again, as I layered more spray painted stencils in the background then covered them up with acrylics and pastel, I thought I'd ruined this piece. I got green in all of the wrong places and in all of the wrong shades, but I kept working at it, kept trying to get at what was trying its hardest to get out of me. And then I found that it wasn't so much this adorable little character, but the green.
If I had a super soft and cozy green blanket, I would wrap up in it. And to me, that's what this painting is all about. Green is a color of compassion and healing. This painting expresses the comfort and compassion I feel whenever I create something, knowing that with each small expression, a bit of kindness is shared and spreads ten fold. I LOVE that. And I love knowing that by SHARING HER HEART SHE HEALED.

0 comments:
Post a Comment