UPCOMING EVENTS - August and September!
August is usually a pretty quiet month in the artworld. But, for some reason, it seems to be cranking up a little early this year. After spending some time getting my studio in order, I was ready to get back in there and work.
First up - IT'S ABOUT TIME, which is a fundraiser for Jane Fonda's pet project G-CAPP. Ikea sponsors this and artists are given a clock to decorate which will be auctioned off to raise money. I was lucky to get involved with this this year, and my clock will be hung at The Alan Avery Gallery, as part of the Sun up to Sun Down event on Saturday 8/21. Below - check out my clock!
Also, my work is being exhibited at the Sun Dial restaurant beginning today, August 18 through the month of September. This is part of the Scenic Elevators at the Sun Dial Event, which benefits the Atlanta Food Bank. This is being curated by Denise Jackson , of Emerging Arts Scene, which is located in Castleberry Hills! (below is an image of a piece that will be there, Grant Field, which began with copying the shapes from an old picture of Grant Field at Georgia Tech and painting over it).
Also, I will be going to Highlands, NC next week to study with Mira Lehr at The Bascom. This is very exciting, I'm excited to just Mira Lehr, much less take a class from her!
I will also be participating in the new shop in downtown Decatur, Home Grown Decatur located on Church Street. The opening date is still a moveable object, working with permits, workmen etc. Hopefully it will open in August, and will be up and running during the Decatur Book Festival over Labor Day weekends.
The festival season begins in September, but I'm really cutting back on them this year. The only confirmed festival I have at this point is the East Atlanta Strut on September 18. More on the decision to cut back on festivals in another blog!
Let me know what else is going on in the artworld of Atlanta!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment