
To see this work larger or
purchase (Click Here)
5"x 7" oil
a reference...from a plein air, a photo, but
creating the entire mood, color, feeling of
time of day from imagination. A test more
or less with all the small scene experiments
I've been working on of late...and I feel as
though I'm confident now to represent
near any mood of nature I'd like.
That's a good feeling...
here's a closeup, which I thought shows the fun
I had laying in some effect of indirect light on
the elk's body. Fun to see how pure flecks of
color (viridians, blues, reds and yellows) can
mix in the eye from a bit of a distance from the
work. Important is not just that it mixes to
read right but causes as Edgar Payne and Emile
Gruppe often mentioned a "color vibration" that
makes for a good and interesting painting.
0 comments:
Post a Comment