Goodman Plein Air Workshop Demo...












12"x 24" oil

This was my demo this Sunday afternoon...for a
workshop held in Goodman, WI...wonderful fall
day.

A bit of touch up here and there instudio...hard to
finish a larger demo afield...but, pretty satisfied
over all.

The demo was using one of Edgar Payne's strategies
of a dark neutral, then mixing the colors seen, you
add a bit of the neutral and then white to adjust.
The neutral acts both as your darkest dark, but also
as the "pigment soup"...and leads to a more tonal
palette option.

Each color having a bit of the neutral or "soup"
then possesses a natural common pigment leading
to a working harmony. In fact, it is quite obvious
with the colors premixed on the palette just by
looking that the painting will possess a working
color harmony.

I'll later repost the finished piece after I touch up
a few things here and there.

with a bit of time left, about 25 minutes, I offered
to demo quickly a split-complementary palette
effort on a 5"x 7"...and chose bluish-green as my
dominant, and red and orange as my splits, plus
white...
a quicky..

0 comments:

Post a Comment