
Well, my spring is finally shaping up. It is going to start with Art on Argonne This will take place at the home of Linda Hirsch on Saturday and Sunday 4/17 and 4/18. This is the weekend of the Dogwood Festival, and Argonne is an easy walk from the Park. The street turns off 10th Ave! There will be 8 artists there and it is a way for you to enjoy local art without the crowds of the Dogwood Festival. And - we will have light refreshments, something the Dogwood Festival does not have for free!!!
The week of 4/24, you will find me in the Inman Park Festival. If you have never been to it before, check it out. It is different from any other festival in Atlanta, complete with a parade on Saturday. I swear, you will think you are at the Mardi Gras! I don't know my location until I arrive there bright and early on Saturday morning! One thing I will really miss about being in the festival this year is taking part of the Tour of Homes - one of the best in town.
On the weekend of May 1st, you can find me on the square in Marietta for the annual http://www.mariettaga.gov/departments/parks_rec/artsandcrafts.aspx Festival. This is a nice relaxing stroll around historic Marietta. Get there early on Saturday and enjoy the weekly Farmers Market - and you can purchase my sister in law's Jalopy Jelly if she hasn't sold out!!!!
On May 15th, I will be at the 8th Annual Kirkwood Fling. This is located in the historic Kirkwood neighborhood, which has a wonderful collection of homes from Victorian Cottages to Craftsmen Bungalows, to modern lofts. I may have to go back on Sunday and take the tour of homes.
Last but not least, I will be at the Metro Martket, which is a European inspired local market with handmade art and food. This is an indoor market, with gifts, cooking classes, demonstrations and more. It will be located on Piedmont Road - in the old Design building next to I-85. I just haven't decided which weekend I'll do it - 5/9 or Memorial Day weekend! This is a Friday through Saturday market that is open throughout May.
I hope to see you out there. If you know of any events I should check out, leave me a comments!
0 comments:
Post a Comment